Born in Havana, Cuba, May 28, 1972
BA in Graphic Design, Instituto Politecnico de Doseno Industrial, 1993
1993-99: Commissioned by Coprefil to design and execute the design for postage and collectible stamps
He has participated in several group exhibitions (including important Biennial of Arts of Havana) in Belize, Puerto Rico, Mexico, USA, Colombia, Malaysia, Holland, Germany and Canada Since 1994.
In these last countries, his works were part of the exhibition “Contemporary Art of Cuba”, as part of the Project Vaguanda, it was exhibited in Ehrenhalle Room of the Mayor’s Office of Nuremberg in 2009; Lam Room of the Diplomatic Office of Cuba in Bonn; Havanna Gallery of Bremen; Modern Gallery, Amsterdam; and his works were exhibited in a group exhibition a Caroun Art Gallery (CAG), North Vancouver, Canada, February 2011.
- “Old, but Havana”, Temporary Exposition Hall, Havana, Cuba, 1999
- “Yearnings”, Inglaterra Hotel, Havana, Cuba, 2000
- “The Curtain Opens”, NH Central Park Hotel, Havana, Cuba, 2000
- “Within the Walls”, San Francisco of Asis Convent, Havana, Cuba, 2001
- “Getting the Ingredients”, Museum of Americas, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 2002
“The Other Dimension”, Arts Amica Friends of the Cuban arts, Marriott Copley Place, Boston. Massachusetts, USA, 2003
- “Careful, Wet Paint”, Superior Institute of External Relationship, Havana, Cuba, 2003
- “Tell me, with whom you are going?”, Havana Club Gallery, Museum of Rum, Havana, Cuba, 2004
- “Every Nut has his own Fancy!”, Kukulcan Square, Cancun, Mexico, 2006
- “He, Rene!”, Palace of Lombillo Gallery, Office of the Historian of the City, Havana, Cuba, 2006
- “Island”, La Acacia Gallery, Havana, Cuba, 2008
- “The Other View”, Espacio 304 Gallery, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico
Since 1997, he has participated in auctions of Latin American art in Cuba, Puerto Rico and Spain, as well as Christie’s, France (2004) and Sotheby, USA (2005-7).
Roberto Gonzalez combines the perception and the object (image) with one idea (meaning) and the result is a metaphor.
Roberto Gonzalez is a young artist who doesn’t focus a lot in the success. His art has been in different halls such as Sotheby’s and Christies’, in Paris and New York. He is committed himself within his own art.
His art represents a lot of sources with a minimalist (futurist) conception. The color reveals the content as the main concept. When you see the paintings, you can understand what he means. The image is introspective, intends to give you an idea about the deepness.
Roberto Gonzalez says that his sense came from his own backward. He believes that the loneliness is a possibility to meditate, to perceive the things better and distinguish them with better clarity. His works were exhibited in a Group Exhibition at Caroun Art Gallery, North Vancouver, Canada in February 2011.