Club" is going to hold the "4th CPC Annual Photography Salon 2010", in North Vancouver, Canada. "Caroun Photo Club" is a member of the "Canadian Association for Photographic Art" (CAPA) and Photographic Society of America.
This Competition is open to the all individual photographers in Canada and worldwide (International): Professional and Amateur photographers!
Subject: Travel Photography
Slides, Negatives or Digitals (Black & White or Color) are accepted.
Each Photographer could send maximum 4 photos; among them, one or more
may be chosen or not.
A group of three judges, selected by Caroun Photo Club, will select the photos. This is final!
Deadline August 31, 2010 Pacific time!
Each Photographer should send the following documents:
- Each photographer may submit up to four digital images, as mentioned in guidelines (1024 pixels max wide, 768 pixels max height)
- Photos should renamed to: “Name of Photographer-Title of the photo”
- Digital photos should be sent by email to CPC2010Salon at Caroun dot
- Entry FEEs payment (cash, Canadian or American cheque or via PayPal)
- Works will be judged on September 22, 2010 by digital projection.
- Result of the competition will be announced on September 23, 2010.
- The best some 50 photos should be printed and sent to CPC. Works should be received by CPC until
October 20, 2010.
- These works will be exhibited at Caroun Art Gallery (www.Caroun.net) November 15-30 2010.
Photos need to be framed and wired ready to hang as following:
- The maximum print size accepted is 12"x18" (30x45 cm).
- 2” white matte
- Black simple frame max wide ľ” (2 cm)
- Application form should be filled out for each photo; stick it at the
right-top-back of each photo by tape.
- Artist’s Waiver Form should be completed and sent.
All the above documents should be mailed to:
Masoud Soheili/Caroun Photo Club
PO Box 37514, RPO Lonsdale East, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 3L7, Canada
Do not send the photos, which are exhibited before, or have taken part in other competitions.
All the works, which have not the determined specifications, or received late, will be canceled.
*The First Winner achieve:
- a "CAPA Gold Medal"
- a "CPC Certificate"
*The Second Winner achieve:
- a "CAPA Silver Medal"
- a "CPC Certificate"
*The Third Winner achieve:
- a "CAPA Bronze Medal"
- a "CPC Certificate"
* The Ten Selected works achieve:
- a "CPC Honor Mention"
Winners, selected works and some 35 good photographs will be exhibited at Caroun Art Gallery at North Vancouver, BC.
Photographer should determine the price of the photos for the exhibition himself/herself; after reducing the commission of the gallery,
the rest will be paid to the photographer (Costs of wiring or transferring of this amount will be reduced!).
Photos with illogic prices won't be exhibited, even if it is among good
works. The maximum price of the photo is $250.
A Permanent digital Exhibition of these works will be shown on CPC website.
No material will be returned! Photographers, who are interested to have their works back, could have their photos at the closing date of the exhibition in the gallery. Anyone, out of Vancouver, who wants his/her works back, should send suitable envelope (package) with enough Canadian stamp (or equivalent cash) too.
After November 30, 2010, CPC has no responsibility for the photos; all
the remained photos of the exhibition/competition, and all the photos
fro previous exhibitions will be sold in an auction with the very low
price base price and the total amount will goes to CPC account.
1 – CPC Membership fee $50.00
Members of CPC do not need to pay this fee, if their expiry date is Dec 2010.
More info: http://www.Caroun.com/CAPA-Membership/CPC-Membership.html
2- Salon (Competition/Exhibition) fee $60.00; this includes gallery costs.
Fees could be paid cash, Canadian or American cheques, money order or via PayPal.
Cheques should be payable to "Caroun Photo Club".
- You can wire the fee plus $15 bank charges;
- You can send money order or draft;
- There is some facilities for payments in Iran. Please ask for international payment's details!
- International participants can rent frames (complete frame) in Vancouver: $15 for each frame for 15 days, plus $5 for fixing and removing photo from the frame.
This is just for 12"x18" (30x45 cm) photos.
- No money will be refunded!
- You cannot change your photos as you sent them once!
CPC has no responsibility for any damages or lost on the materials.
- CPC has the right to publish all the works, sent for Competitions & Exhibitions, in any form as books, magazines, calendars, CD & DVD... and Internet. The Copyright remains for the photographer. Please check CPC’s Handbook for more info at
Enquiries: CPC2010Salon at Caroun dot com
You can send your works NOW!
Please check the “News, Exhibition & Competition” section of the website