Museum (Tamasha-gah Zaman)
No. 12, Baqdadi St., Zaferanieh St., Vali Asr Ave.,
Phone: 98 21 241 7336/7
This museum present an
interesting and absorbing collection of timekeepers.
The 700 Sq. m building is situated in a 6000 Sq. m
garden. It is embellished with various dazzling Iranian
arts and crafts such as ornamental brickwork, arched
ceiling decorated with painting, plasterwork, tile work,
nodular wood work and stone work.
1- The Garden
- Zarvan Tablet: The mythological view of the ancient
Iranians toward time.
- Biological Clocks: Plants and animals that react at
different hours of the day.
- Early Clocks: The working models of some simple clocks
used by ancient people: Sundial, water clock, sandglass
and fire clock.
- Time in biology & Geo-chronometry: Methods of
determining the age of trees, some animals and
sedimentary layers of the earth.
2- The Building
- Mechanical clocks and watches: Some antique clocks and
watches from 17th to 20th century.
- Calendars: The main existing calendars of the world
and the copies of some simple ancient calendars.
- Data bank and library: Complimentary information on
any section of Time Museum is available through the use
of computer and library.