CPC monthly meetings
are held just in West Vancouver: Third Wednesday of each month
at "Silk Purse Art Centre", 7-9 pm:
Argyle Avenue, West Vancouver, BC, V7V 1A1
We are accepting proposals for the rest of the year;
please, send yours!
August 18, 2010
Digital show: Ansel Adams
July 21, 2010
Digital show: 500 Photos of 500 Photographers
June 16, 2010
Photography Workshop: "Advanced PhotoShop", by "Amir
May 19, 2010
Several Proshow Gold shows and prints featuring Turkey, Syria, Jordan
and Silk Road through China and Uzbekistan, by "Alan
||"My presentation will start with three short (4 minutes each) ProShow Gold shows of 2008 visits to Turkey, Syria and Jordan. This will be followed by seven short (3 to 6 minutes each) shows of segments of my 2009 trip across the Silk Road through China nd Uzbekistan. To complete the first hour of the evening I will then present a 6 minute show based on a 2005 trip to India. We can then take a break at which time I will set up a number of my prints for review by your members.
I will also have with me a number of other short ProShow Gold shows covering Europe, Yosemite,Yellowstone and a Car Show and three longer shows of 12 to 15 minutes covering China, Italy and
Santorini. I can show all of these or let your members choose which if any they would like to see to complete the evening.
I have attached a summary of my proposed presentation covering the Middle East and the Silk Road."
To visit more info on
Alan's trip, please click here!
April 21, 2010
Urs & Juliet Fricker (Richmond Photo Club): Digital show of Europe
March 17, 2010
Slide show and speaking on “Flower Photography,” by “Leona
February 17, 2010
“Seyed A. Madah”: Slide show of “Clouds” photos, made by “Power Point”, and speaking on how to work with “Power Point” and how to make a slide show. At this meeting he will make a slide show as a sample.
January 20, 2010
- Mahtab Eskandari, Historical Sites of Iran
- Critic on members’ photos
- Presentation by "Val
Davison", CAPA Past-President
"DESIGN EXPLORATION: The Art Behind The image"
Explore photographic design and identify new possibilities for your work.
Learn how your design choices affect the meaning of your images. Match your intent as a photographer with viewer response.
First hour: ProShow presentations and information sharing
Second hour: Review of participants’ images. Please bring along up to 4 jpeg digital photo files.
(Flash drive, memory card or CD/DVD)
“Photographs express a personal interpretation of the world.
Images create a statement that is interpreted by the viewers.”
November 18, 2009
- "Portraiture in Daylight" by "Mardjan Samii"
- AV Digital Show of CPC Feb 2007 Photography Group Exhibition
October 21, 2009
- Presentation by "Betty
Andres," North Shore Photographic
Society (NSPS), Past-President
How to Choose Winning Images? This presentation covers how to increase the chances of being in the top winners once you know the various elements that help your photograph to be noticed by judges whether in your own club, local clubs or National magazine competitions and be one of the final contestants. Important elements to be covered include point of view, color, use of enhancements, Photoshop corrections, evoking the "wow" factor, and subject matter.
September 16, 2009
- Presentation by "Rasool Shojaee," on “Birds Photography”
- Report of “Outings’ Program” by "Rasool Shojaei"
August 19, 2009
- AV Digital Show of CPC 2006 Photography Competition
- AV Digital Show of CPC 2007 Photography Competition
July 15, 2009
- "Digital Color Tune-up" (Calibrate your Monitor, Printer
and Slide Projector), by "Haris Hasimbegovic"
June 17, 2009
- Travel photography, slide show of "Africa", by "Allen
Bargen," (ACAPA) CAPA Vice-President, Richmond, BC
- There will be an opportunity to have members' photographs assessed by
"Allen Bargen" after a break.
May 20, 2009
- "Large Format Digital Photography, Art Reproduction & The Fine Art Photography
Market", by "Mark Prior," from Denman Island, BC
- There will be an opportunity to have members' photographs assessed for fine art publishing with a discussion of how to produce photography that is 'saleable' in a retail environment.
April 15, 2009
- Slide show of an old (160-year-old) Iranian house in Kashan "Copper
House", by "Masoud Soheili" (MCAPA)
- Slide show of CPC 2008 Photography Competition (Winners & Selected
- AV Digital Show of NSPS 2009 Photography Competition (Winners & 100
March 18, 2009
Travel photography, slide show of Europe, by "AliReza
- Slide show of an ancient (5000-year-old) Iranian Cemetery, by
"Masoud Soheili" (MCAPA)
- Studio Equipment and Photography, by "Masoud Harati"
- Slide show of some photos of Iran by 'Masoud Harati"
- HDR, by "AliReza
- Gathering, visiting and critic on the photos of the members.
- Simin IranManesh: Nature Photography
- Gathering, visiting and critic on the photos of the members:
- Simin Mashkoor: Animal Photography