Europe: Yugoslavia

Belgrade

.
Konak Kneginje Ljubice
 
 

Konak Kneginje Ljubice
Address: Kneza Sime Markovica 8, Belgrade

It was built in 1829-1831 under the supervision of Hadzi-Nikola Zivkovic, the pioneer of Serbian architecture in the first half of 19th century.

By the order of Knez Milos Obrenovic, it was built as living place for his family, Kneginje (Princess) Ljubica and sons, Milan and Mihailo.

The building is preserved until today as a most representative urban house of the first half of 19th century. Its design has all the characteristics of Oriental architecture, and is variant, so-called Serbian Balkan Style, but containing decorative elements of classicism, which announced the influence of West on the national architecture in the early period of renewal of Serbian state.

Since the throne-ceremony of Aleksandar Karadordevic in 1842, the building has been used as Lice, Court of Cassation and Appeal Court, Museum of Art, Church Museum, Senior Home and Bureau for Protection of Cultural Monuments of Serbia. Today, it is part of Museum of the City of Belgrade and is used for exhibitions of museum materials and paintings.

Permanent exhibition in Konak consists of original furniture, made in Oriental-Balkan style, as well as in other styles of that time (classicism, Biedermeier, neo-baroque).
.
 
 
Yugoslavia
Y
Shopping Center

Top of page          

Home

Privacy Policy ; Terms Of Service ; Affiliate Us ; Partners ; Advertise ; Advertise with us ; About us ; Contact Us
Copyright Caroun.com. All rights reserved.