Originally this was a humble monastery, but after 1700 it
was converted into an opulent work of baroque
architecture, whose atrium included what is now San
Antonio Plaza (square).
The church still has simple stone facade, two sectioned
tower and square base.
Inside, once richly decorated with baroque alter pieces,
now has neoclassical alters, the remains of an organ and
some paintings as sculptures.
The small simple cloister is very original and the first
floor breezeway there are Talavera tiled panels 15 showing
the Via Crucis.